About the Blog


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Book: The Fountainhead

The FountainheadThe Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


All the characters in the book vary between two kind of personalities, producers and second handers. Producers do things they are passionate about to create new things; while seconders do things that others think they should do because acceptance from others is what they look for.

The book also tried to put a perspective to selfishness. I sometimes realize that I am selfish and I admit it too. There as been times when it has been used against me This book tells how everyone of us are selfish and its not a bad things .

This book tells you to be selfish in a way to be able to help yourself, so that in turn you can be of help to others; tells you to be a producer and second hander.

The story and the characters are strong enough to take you till the end, where she decodes the story and behavior of each characters. And every thing falls into place. Dont miss the end if you have start reading the book.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: